Employment Opportunities-Mitchell Area Safehouse
Mitchell Family Visitation Center
Part Time Family Visitation Monitor Specialist
Position Hours: Hours will vary and will consist of evening and every other weekend hours.
This position will average 15-20 hours per week.
* High school education required.
* Exceptional knowledge of child development.
* Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
* Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
* Able to follow direction and work effectively on duties as assigned.
* Understanding of confidentiality and ethical practice.
* Work well with other team members
* Experience in interviewing clients
* Excellent grammar skills.
* Efficient computer skills.
* Must be self-motivated.
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Ability to respond effectively to trauma & crises.
* 1-2 yr. experience working with custody and family issues.
* 1-2 yr. experience working with children.
* Experience in effectively handing difficult individuals and situations.
* Supervision of on-site visits, supervised telephone calls and assisted transfers/exchanges between children and non-custodial parents.
* Observe and document detailed interactions of on-site, phone, or assisted exchange visits.
* Follow and enforce all Family Visitation Center policies and protocols routinely and effectively.
* Communicate effectively on a daily basis with the Visitation Center Director.
* Complete & Review all documentation for accuracy and submit in a timely manner.
* Maintain accurate client files.
* Maintain high standards of cleanliness and organization.
* Other duties as assigned by the Visitation Center Director or Executive Director
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitchell Area Safehouse Exceutive Director Job Description
Position: Executive Director
Location: Mitchell, SD
Hours: Full time, 40 hours a week. Some evenings and weekend events
Salary: $45,000, depending on experience
Reports to: Safehouse Board of Directors
Mission: To provide a safe and empowering environment for victims of domestic violence through advocacy, education, shelter and family support services.
o Bachelor Degree in business, human services or related field. Or equivalent years of experiences
o Experience with preparation and management of grants
o Ability to prepare budgets and experience with financial management
o Background or interest in domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse issues
o Self-motivated and self-starter
o Strong interpersonal skills; evidenced by excellent long-term relationship building
o Excellent oral and written communication skills.
o Strong computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, Quickbooks)
- Maintain complete confidentiality of client and staff information
- Foster a community that promotes a trauma informed approach for the safety and security of client and staff safety.
- Present the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Display open, honest and ethical method of communication with board of directors and staff
- Supervision of Shelter Director, Family Visitation Director, and staff.
- Ensure appropriate client services are being provided.
- Adhere to shelter and visitation policies and protocols.
- Maintain partnerships that provide outreach and information to a variety of community groups
- Work with Development Director to prepare local and private grant/sponsorships
- Ensure consistent framing of message to the community
- Participate and attend all fundraising events
- Coordinate with shelter and visitation center regarding all media, especially social media, outreach for timely, accurate, and mission aligned information
- Assess organizational volunteer needs.
- Assist shelter and visitation coordinators with recruitment, placement, and training of volunteers.
- Network with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
o Grant management - writing, research, tracking of federal and state grants
o Prepare budgets and oversee financial transactions for shelter and visitation center
o Responsible for payroll, payment of bills, deposits and acknowledgement of donations
o Attend all required board and staff meetings. Prepare reports for and provide updates during board meetings
o Oversee shelter and visitation center maintenance and repairs
o Ensure shelter policies and protocols are current, grant and labor law requirements are met
o Coordinate training opportunities and continued education to self and staff
o Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
The physical demands described here are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
o Repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and fingers
o Mobility and light lifting.
o Adequate visual acuity to perform essential functions of position
o Adequate hearing to perform essential functions of position
Hours of work:
o Monday through Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends
o Travel required: valid driverís license and dependable transportation needed
o Ability to adjust hours as needed to cover events and needs of the position
Email resume to email@example.com Attn: Safehouse Board